Well, this will be my first review of a premium WordPress theme on this blog, the WPZoom Review.
The WPZoom Framework is a solid base and you’ve a good variety of functional themes to choose from. You’ve themes for: Business, Magazine/News, Portfolio, Multimedia and some Free options.
Obviously, you install the theme as any other theme: upload the zip file, activate and done.
It has also automatic updates; I updated the framework and really it was 1 click, super easy.
Without further ado, let’s go into the meaty details!
WPzoom Review – Framework
WPzoom Themes Pros
- General WP theme settings with options of adding: logo, favicon, feed url, twitter and search form in the header
- Global posts control excerpt length (if it is allowed), show thumbnail, read more, show date/time, etc.
- Single posts control: date/time, category, author, show related posts, share buttons, etc
- Homepage with the slider complete options
- Styling with a complete control in colors of fonts, backgrounds, link hovers, etc.
- Tailored recent posts and recent comments
- Insertion of a banner after the first post
- Possibility of adding a sidebar and insert banners into it
- SEO basic features – you don’t need additional plugin, except you delve deep into the SEO theme
- Social sharing widget incorporated – you don’t need an additional plugin, unless you want another style to display your social buttons.
- Custom code: Header code and Footer code & Analytics
- Import export of Theme options, good to transport the data to another site
- Import export of Widgets
- Facebook widget
- Add recent flickr images with a special widget
WPzoom Themes Cons
Font size: I can change the size, but not the type of fonts, at least without touching internal code. Sometimes you need to put different fonts to avoid monotony for the reader, but I couldn’t change them.
Update: After the TechCompass 1.1 update to the latest version 1.1.2, now it’s possible to style the fonts in family and bold/italic, etc.
The WPZoom Framework is applicable to all the themes, being a robust piece of software with several customizations without coding.
WPzoom themes have detailed tutorials, documentation and custom features depending on the theme you choose.
TechCompass Theme, Points to Highlight:
Sincerely, I like this specific theme for its functionality, presence and flexibility. Here are some features to underline:
- Double menu – nice addition, I want it for my own blog
- Related posts widget is an interesting option that avoids you to install a plugin for that function. At this review, in my test site is working fine, I don’t know for blogs with tons of posts, the results of the related posts how can it works in terms of precision.
- There is a very good documentation available for this theme, and for the other themes.
Overall, TechCompass theme is a good option for bloggers and entrepreneurs.
While I was doing the exploration of the Framework and TechCompass theme, I had some doubts and I found the answers in the general documentation. Therefore, I didn’t need any contact to support.
WPzoom Review – WordPress Theme Prices:
Standard Theme License, each Wpzoom WP theme costs $69 (one time fee), 1 free bonus extra theme, full support, No Photoshop layered files.
Developer Theme License, $149 (one time fee), with unlimited domain uses, 2 free bonus extra themes, full support and Photoshop layered files.
There are other options like an access to all the themes for $9 /month, more one $199 sign-up fee, but I think the former 2 options suit the necessities of most of the users.
$69 is a pretty reasonable price according to the actual market, and worth it compared to other WordPress premium themes that are more expensive. Besides, you’ve access to a free extra bonus theme of your choice – in other words, you get 2 themes for $69.
WPZoom have themes for all the tastes, here are some additional examples:
WPZoom Business Themes
WPZoom Magazine / News Themes
WPZoom Portfolio Themes
WPZoom Multimedia Themes
Certainly, one WordPress theme can belong to several categories, so take time, have a cup of coffee and visit WPZoom Themes exploring their entire portfolio
I hope you enjoyed this WPZoom Review!