Maxblogpress Stripe Ad Pro is a WordPress Plugin that displays at the top of your blog, a single line of message containing an ad, information, notes, important news, affiliate links, special offers and use your imagination, since the possibilities are a lot.
Maxblogpress Stripe Ad Pro is a re-written plugin with new code from scratch; it’s not just a new version.
It’s replacing the old MBP Stripe Ad, but with new features galore in the Pro version.
I cannot compare to the Maxblogpress Stripe Ad old plugin because I didn’t try it before, so for me is a brand new plugin.
Sanjay of the Maxblogpress Team, offered me to try the plugin before the Official Launch (thank you!) and here we are, doing a review after experimenting with it for several days.
The top of your blog, is one of the areas most seen. Hence, having a vital message to convey your readers with some kind of call-to-action (normally a link), is always a good idea
Without further ado, let’s jump to the benefits and characteristics.
Maxblogpress Stripe Ad Pro WordPress Plugin
The benefits are obvious:
- Drive traffic to internal pages of your site or to external pages
- Have more chances to increase sales, since more eyeballs will see this non-obtrusive message
- Display announcements of any kind, events… you get the idea…
There is available the MBP Stripe Ad Free version, limited and reduced in its functions.
Which are the differences between the Free vs. the Pro version?
Pro has as a plus:
- Link texts can be Buttons, no just pure text
- Enable Cute Link – make your link more appealing and easy to remember
- Where to show the Stripead – control exactly where the stripe will appear
- Remove the Powered by Maxblogpress link at the right of the bar
- Complete Analytics and much more…
I tried the MBP Stripe Ad Free before installing the Pro, and the difference for the winner Pro is very substantial.
I don’t know if I would use the free plugin, but you know free is generally very limited, and this is exactly the case.
Maxblogpress Stripe Ad Pro Options
- Type your message, ad, offer and so on
- Add the link text (click here, get it now, join, etc.) – using as a button is ideal (only for Pro version)
- Add your link ( I recommend to tick, open in a new window)
- Enable Cute Link: this is to mask a link, very useful if you’re not using any type of plugin (here I’m using Ninja plugin, so this point is already done for me)
- Weight: Assign a different weight according to the importance of your strip.
Perhaps, you want to promote some offer less than another, then give less weight (number) or in the contrary give a higher number to feature it.
Here, you can modify whatever you want:
And so forth.
Play with them, but don’t leave the standard view of the bar that comes from default.
Changing the parameters allow you afterwards, to split-tests of different stripes, seeing which of them are getting more clicks
Right now, I’m testing 3 different “subscribe to my newsletter” messages there with diverse settings. See them in action at the top!
Where to Show StripeAd
This function is valid only in the Pro version.
In general is “All”, but if you’ve a particular category that suits better the ad, you can show to targeted readers and then, avoid showing it to the rest. In that vein, the performance will be much better.
In my case, I found a little bug here, where it says “more” – not all the categories are shown – something to fix in future updates Maxblogpress Team
Choose the ad occurrence; all the time could be fine in the majority of the cases. If you’ve a site where visitors come often, show for (3 or a different number) visits is a good option to not be repeating over and over the same ad to the same visitor.
Monitor your stats. The screenshot shows that the StripeAd Analytics are pretty complete:
The More Options are clear:
- Stick on the top
- Show close button (closeable), may be an interesting option or to minimize it, the Show stub button
- Remove – Powered by Maxblogpress link, is only for Pro version. I prefer to have a single call-to-action in the StripeAd, so I removed it. I put the affiliate link in other places.
I didn’t find any cons so far with the plugin.
Simply, I’d like to make a wish-list:
- More background textures in the formatting option
- Possibility to visualize and compare different ads in Analytics to choose a winner
- Possibility of having the IP’s in Analytics
- Possibility to exclude certain IP’s from the statistics
You’re feeling the kitchen of the Maxblogpress Stripe Ad Pro WordPress Plugin, with its ingredients (components) even BEFORE the Official Launch, here at WPulsar!
MBP Stripe Ad Pro will be launched soon, but I don’t know the concrete date, yet.
Regarding its normal price, will be of $67 (Unlimited license: in other words, you can use on an unlimited number of blogs that you personally own)
To highlight: during the launch, there will be a 30% OFF only for 4 days, so the price will be $45.
Also, on these 4 days you’ll get a special bonus, no clue what it can be.
The Unlimited license comes together with lifetime updates and support. Besides, there is no-monthly fee.
I’ll update this post with the concrete date of launch or more data if it’s available… and remember you read it here in advance! You’ve a sneak preview – avant premiere, ready, in this review
Consider Maxblogpress Stripe Ad Pro useful? Fill the Pro your needs? Hope to hear from you in comments.
Update: Finally, MaxBlogPress Stripe Ad Pro will be launched on 21st May, 2013 8:00 AM EDT. Have in mind this date.